Ask any handyman you can know of to list the essential tools that make the world of household repair easier, staple guns will surely be placed high on that list. There are good reasons for that, and this article will try to cover them. It will also provide a list of Swingline staple guns reviews, rounding them up and figuring out which one has the best value for its money. Keep reading and find out how a staple gun can be useful in a household or an office environment.
What Is a Staple Gun?
A staple gun is a tool whose primary purpose is to drive metal fasteners into plastic, wood and other materials. You can utilize it for any binding requirements you may have when it comes to home repairs, such as carpentry and upholstery. Professionals also find staple guns valuable and you will find them used by construction workers, electricians, furniture manufacturers and many others.
Which Staple Gun Do You Need?
There are several types of staple guns, and you should decide on an appropriate one based on how you plan to use it. Here is the list of staple gun types:
- Manual Staple Guns – this is your go-to tool for small home improvement projects. It doesn’t require an external power source and it’s very easy to use. All you have to do to perform a stapling job is to squeeze the trigger. This will, however, require some pressure, so you might experience muscle fatigue if you use them often in a short period
- Electric Staple Guns – they need either a power outlet or battery power. Triggering them requires much less pressure than the manual type, and they are excellent for an office environment. Most of them have a safety trigger to prevent the accidental misfires, but you should still be careful when using them. Continue reading for Swingline staple gun reviews list that includes electric stapler
- Pneumatic Staple Guns – their big strength makes them perfect for professional use. They are used for big fastening tasks, and their versatility allows them to be used in various industries. Durability and easy control also characterize pneumatic staple guns
Advantages Of Using A Staple Gun
Let’s take a look at what are the benefits of this tool:
- Multi-purpose device – whatever you need to fasten, a staple gun is your friend. To cover even wider array of stuff this tool can do, look for a staple gun that can accommodate various staple sizes.
- Used By Professionals – if reputable furniture manufacturers use staple guns, there is no reason why you shouldn’t.
- Saves You Time – you can staple something in a matter of seconds.
- Easy To Operate – regardless of their power, it all comes down to squeezing the trigger and fastening something.
What To Watch For When Using It?
With great power comes great responsibility. Staple guns can cause serious injuries, and this is why you should pay close attention when using them. Here are some things to consider:
- Never point it at anyone, loaded or not, including yourself.
- Make sure that your finger is not close to the staple gun when you are not using it.
- Some staple guns have a safety lock. If you are not using them, make sure to trigger the lock. You can never be too sure with misfires
- Never leave it unattended or let a child play with it.
- Check the area you are stapling. Look for possible harder metal objects or electrical wires. Proceed to the stapling part only when you make sure there are none.
Top 5 Swingline Staple Guns Reviews
Although it is not considered a best seller, this stapler got a lot of positive reviews and currently has a 4.3 rating, which is why it comfortably makes it to this list. The components are made of all-metal, and it can load 1/4”, 1/2”, 3/8” and 3/4” staples.
- It can staple more than 150 sheets
- Clearing mechanism to prevent jams
- Excellent durability
- Lacks a bottom plate that is usually used to fold the staples
Next on the list of our Swingline staple guns reviews certainly deserves your attention. This electric stapler is a best-seller and has a rating of 4.6. It doesn’t come as a surprise since it has an extremely high level of productivity.
- Uses cartridge technology
- Can perform up to 5,000 staples without reloading
- Adjustable throat depth
- Very quiet
- Might wear out after a couple of years Swingline.
This stapler has the option of loading 100 staples of 5/8” into its cartridge. It also has great flexibility and requires minimal effort to work with it. What it doesn’t have is a best-seller average rating on Amazon.
- Flexible and easy to work with
- Throat depth adjusts to 2 3/4”
- Paper jams happen quite often
- It can tear your documents while stapling
A great thing about this stapler is its design that saves a lot of space on the desk. It also has everything you might have expected from an electric stapler except for the best-seller rating. It is missing because the staple gun sometimes lacks obedience.
- Compact design
- Depth adjustment guides
- Stops working for no apparent reason
This electric stapler’s performance is smooth and quiet. It also has integrated staple remover which is a nice touch. It’s probably hard to assess whether this is a valuable product based on just several reviews this staple has.
- Makes almost no noise
- Beautiful design
- Adjustable staple depth guide
- Integrated staple remover
- Paper Jams
- Easily breakable
When you compare all Swingline staple guns reviews we mentioned, it’s quite easy to pick out the winner. The best choice is SWI69001 – Swingline 690e High-Volume Electric Stapler. This staple gun is both a best-seller, which means the users hold it in high regard, and it is everything you need a staple gun to be. It is a great timesaver, and its performance is smooth due to the fact it is not prone to paper jams. The cartridge technology enables high effectiveness, and cartridge capacity of 5,000 staples means that it can run for months before it needs reloading.