A staple gun is used to drive staples into a work surface. The staples are made from metal and depending on their power, they can push through plastic, wood or other materials. Their primary purpose is to bond items, and they can be used by amateurs and professionals alike. This article will offer an in-depth look at staple guns and provide a list of 5 Hitachi staple guns reviews to help you choose the perfect model for you.
How to Choose the Right Staple Gun for You?
The first thing you need to ensure is to know why you need a staple gun. This is a multi-purpose tool people use for both household repair and professional industry. Three main types include manual, electric and pneumatic staple guns. They can additionally vary in power and size.
All staple guns work in a similar way. The first step is to supply the gun with staples, and the next one is to fire it. This is done simply by squeezing the firing trigger. Electric and pneumatic staple guns require minimal effort, while manual guns require a bit more power. This can lead to muscle fatigue if used a lot in a short period but it’s not an everyday occurrence.
The Best Way To Use Staple Guns
Staple guns are tools that can be utilized for a variety of purposes. The best way to utilize them depends on a type. The list that follows can help you with that.
- Manual Staple Guns – their primary purpose is assisting with light-duty projects. This includes small household repairs and decorating jobs like fabric tacking or drapery cornices. It can also be used for doors and window screens, as well as upholstery and insulation installation
- Electric Staple Guns – if you have a more serious household job at hand, these staplers are the way to go. These may include flooring installation or repair, carpeting and other projects that require repetitive stapling
- Pneumatic Staple Guns – this type is intended for professional use. The staple guns in this category are widely used for furniture and other manufacturing processes, as well as in construction-related jobs. Pneumatic staple guns can do some great things, but their power makes them unfit for light repairs. We will discuss some of these air-powered guns later in the Hitachi staple gun reviews section
Why Would You Need a Staple Gun?
Regardless of the type of a staple gun, you opt for, using it will save you a lot of time. This is due to their ability to bind things in a matter of seconds. Reliability of stronger stable guns is incredible. Providing that you’re using a tool from a reputable manufacturer and that you inserted high-quality staples, what you fasten with a staple gun once will be fastened forever.
This tool is very versatile and can be of service on many occasions. Professionals will be satisfied that staple guns can be used in manufacturing processes and other heavy-duty projects. Amateurs will be thrilled that it is incredibly easy to operate a staple gun and utilize it for home improvement.
Proper Handling of Staple Guns
Staple guns possess high power, which is why you need to use them with great caution. Make sure to implement general advice related to these types of appliances, such as ensuring you never leave it unattended. Also, check out this list of things to pay attention to:
- Read the instructions for specific details on your model
- Never use a staple gun if the electrical cord is damaged
- Use safety glasses and make sure to engage the safety lock when you are not using it
- Make sure to check what you are stapling. There should be no harder metal objects or electrical wires there
The Top 5 Models of Hitachi Staple Guns
This all-around staple gun possesses extreme power despite its lightweight. If you are working on any application that requires fine-finish such as furniture assembly, this is the ideal stapler for you.
- Powerful yet lightweight
- Tool-free depth adjustment
- Ergonomically designed to fit your hand perfectly
- The exhaust is adjustable by 360 degrees
- Magazine could be of bigger capacity
Next on the list of Hitachi staple gun reviews is this versatile model that fires 16-Gauge 7/16” crown staples from 1 to 2 inches in length. Despite its impressive magazine capacity, the main problem is that the magazine is made from easily breakable plastic.
- Impressive 150 staples fit into magazine
- Jams happen very rarely
- Reliable and durable
- Magazine capacity is made of soft plastic
- Sensitive firing button
This staple gun falls just short of being a best-seller with a 4.4 rating it scores on Amazon. Despite that, many customers left great reviews of this very reliable model.
- Easy to maneuver thanks to its lightweight
- Rapid firing system with a quick response
- Open magazine makes it easy to check the number of staples inside
- The depth adjustment is not exactly tool-free
- A relatively narrow choice of staples available for the model
This staple gun can fire sequential or via contact. It shoots 1” crown staples with lengths from 1” to 2” in 16-gauge. If you’re focused primarily on the performance of a stapler, this one can get you great results.
- Excellent performance
- Ideal for roof applications and stucco
- 150 staples can fit into the magazine capacity
- Quick firing system
- Makes a lot of noise
- Not the prettiest design
- There are newer models than it
This staple gun model produced by Hitachi is extremely efficient and can drive up to 3 staples per second. Although it can be used for a wide variety of applications, it is ideal for wire lathing and insulation sheathing.
- Can fire up to 3 staples per second
- Magazine is plated with stainless steel
- Comes with safety glasses
- Not perfect for heavy-duty jobs
- Has to be warmed up by free-firing
After taking all things into consideration, Hitachi N3804AB3 1/4″ Narrow Crown Stapler seems to be the customer’s choice. Reliable performance and numerous handy features are what singles out this model from the competition. If you look at the list of what is expected from a staple gun mentioned in the article, you will see that this one has it all. Its power makes it ideal for professional use and heavy-duty projects and jams are reduced to a minimum, which means it is a great timesaver.