One of the most important tools that you need to do any house repair work or DIY work would be a staple gun. And many confuse a staple gun with a stapler which you use to pin papers together. Staple guns are much more than that. They can be used for wiring, fencing, roofing, carpeting and so on. There are basically three types of staple guns: manual guns (hand powered), electrical guns ( cord or battery powered) and pneumatic guns ( air compressor powered). One of the most reputable companies producing staple guns is Arrow fastener powershot and from them comes powershot staple gun reviews.
How to choose staple guns?
Staple guns come in variety of shapes and sizes and choosing one that satisfies your requirement is not an easy task. Unless you are in heavy construction work, you wouldn’t probably need the pneumatic guns. The key to buying a staple gun is the hand fit. If it fits in your hand well, go buy it. If you are planning to perform a lot of stapling work, go for electric staplers because they are simple to handle and don’t require much effort. The reload system- where the staples are filled in should be easy as well. Try to buy a gun that comes with depth adjustment. Otherwise, you’d find that the shorter staples have gone far too in and the long staples are sticking out.
Staple guns should be handled carefully. Buy a staple gun that has a locking grip for maximum support and safety while in use. You can read our powershot staple gun reviews for better insight into these guns.
Advantages of staple gun
- They help you to perform the work quickly and save your time. Even if you are very experienced at doing your job, you can’t match the speed of a staple gun.
- When you are doing things manually, there is always this huge risk that you will staple or even hammer your fingers along. However, staple guns are safe to use and they keep your fingers safe too.
- One of the biggest advantages of a staple gun is the accuracy it provides. While doing repairing work manually, you always seem to miss the targets. But not with these beauties.
- There is also a safety feature available with the electric guns and the pneumatic guns which prevent any misfires.
The best way to use staple guns
- In carpeting- staple guns are mostly used in home improvement projects. Carpets can be fixed using the staple guns. They can be fixed to the ground as well as to the wall to make your house soundproof.
- In upholstery – staple guns are used in fixing the upholstery into a chair or a sofa. These staple guns are high powered as they have to secure the fabric through wood or leather
- In carpentry projects- These guns are also used from time to time in house repair works like wiring, roofing, fixing of fence fastening woods and panels and so on.
- In decorating your house- you can easily create an artwork in your house using your staple gun.
- In Construction jobs- are you planning to make a birdhouse or a small cat house? Then staple guns will come in handy for these types of construction projects.
Which staple gun do I choose?
As already mentioned above, there are three types of staple guns available in the market. But how would you know which one to buy?
- Manual staple guns – These are the most common type of staple guns. These are very portable and can be used for jobs that aren’t too tough as it puts pressure on your hand. So if the project is intense, don’t use this type of staple gun.
- Electric staple guns – These staple guns are powered by a battery or a cord. They’re for lighter duties and especially for jobs where volume of work is high. These are easier to use and work smoothly.
- Pneumatic staple guns – These guns are powered by air compressor. They are usually owned by contractors to be used in heavy duty work which requires lot of stapling. Pneumatic staplers are versatile and are meant for nails as well as staples.
Best powershot staple guns
If you are still confused regarding which powershot staple gun to buy, we are here to help. We bring you powershot staple gun reviews.
The company claims it to be America’s top selling staple gun. It’s lightweight, has compact design, works smoothly and is made in USA.
- Ergonomic I.e doesn’t put strain on your wrists
- Easy grip
- Lightweight, weighs only 3.24 pounds
- Comes with a window from where you can notice if staples need to be reloaded
- Some users complain that it gets jammed pretty quickly.
This powershot heavy duty staple gun from Arrow fastener is an electric staple as well as a nail gun. It comes with a rubber grip for better holding of the gun and also an Led light.
- Very affordable
- Comes with a jam resistant feature
- Ergonomic design
- Comfortable grip
- The spring holding the staples isn’t strong enough
This heavy duty powershot staple gun is every contractor’s dream. It comes with a forward action which prevents any misfires. Also, a wire guide attachment is available with the gun
- Comes with a viewing window to check staples count
- Anti slip rubber grip
- Can fire staples very quickly
- Ergonomic design
- Some customers didn’t find it to be durable enough
4. Arrow fastener T50HS powershot staple gun
This staple gun has a compact design and is the first gun to come with a patented torsion drive technology. It has a comfortable shorter grip to make shooting easier
- Ergonomic design
- Stylish design
- Easy to use
- Doesn’t jam
- Some users complained that performance of the staple gun wasn’t powerful enough.
This heavy duty electric stapler can be used to shoot nails as well as staplers. It supports 18 gauge Brad nails and T 50 staples.
- It can shoot a range of t50 staples from ¼ inch to 9/16 inch
- Jams frequently
- Not durable enough
If we talk about our favorite staple gun from the above powershot staple gun reviews, it would be powershot 5700k staple gun. It’s lightweight, made of an ergonomic design, is economical and durable. Some of the above guns had negative feedback from customers that they weren’t durable enough. But if you are investing in a staple gun, you want it to last for a long time. This is the reason 5700k is our pick.