Home improvement is a complex process but you can remove the complexity of the process not only by drawing up an effective plan but by using appropriate tools as well. Among many such home improvement tools, Pin Nailers are very important. But you may want to choose the best pin nailer for making your job easier and also for having sustainable results.
Pin nailers have become so important and popular that those who are involved in home improvement and construction cannot think of accomplishing their tasks without these tools. But users have to choose the most appropriate pin nailers because they cannot expect that every model of this tool can handle pins of various lengths.
There is another angle with which the popularity of the tool can be explained. The tools that were available before the advent of pin nailers could not help in driving headless pins. People felt that their inability to use headless pins negatively impacts the looks of the otherwise beautiful wooden infrastructure of their buildings.
How to make the right choice
The rule of thumb is that you should choose the best pin nailer that suits your purpose perfectly. This means you should be clear about the purpose for which you need the tool.
But before you embark upon your search for choosing the right pin mailer, you should know the value of the tool. Let us therefore delve deep into this aspect.
- There are a number of similarities between a Pin Nailer and a Brad Nailer but the main difference between the two is that a pin nailer is used for driving headless pins. People go for headless pins to hide them from the human eyes and improve the aesthetics of the wooden infrastructure on which they are used.
- Another valuable feature of this fastening tool is that unlike the holes caused by a brad nail, the holes that are created by a pin nailer do not need much filling. For driving headless pins or nails into holes with the help of a pin nailer, users have to make use of an air compressor and apply air pressure on it.
- Pin nailers can be useful for clamping or gluing together wood pieces of large sizes. Normal clamps cannot hold these large-sized wooden pieces properly and so, they may have a tendency to slide. On the contrary, just a few shots with an appropriate pin nailer can help in surmounting the problem.
- Experts opine that pin nailers are here for the long haul because they help immensely for assembling projects faster and making refined furniture. Similarly, they help in home improvement especially for trimwork and making items like cabinets.
- Since they are easy to use, more and more people have started using them. They are versatile equipment as well. Various types of pin nailers are available and hence, users must do their research properly for choosing the most appropriate one that suits their needs.
The best way to derive the best benefits from opting for this tool is to choose the right pin mailer. Some people are obsessed with going for popular items. But they are oblivious of the fact that the items they buy should serve their purpose. So, users are advised to focus on finding the right tools instead of focusing on popular brands.
Let us now look at some of the popular pin nailers available in the market.
- This pin nailer possesses large holding capabilities.
- Its downtime is also less.
- It comes with a rear exhaust as well for protecting the user from the debris that may be caused while using it.
- There is a depth adjustment for helping users drive the nails smoothly into the surfaces.
- It comes with a limited warranty for five years.
- It is also easy to use and lightweight.
- There are no notable cons.
- Grex’s P650L comes with a lockout mechanism that helps in preventing dry-firing.
- The motor of the tool is powerful.
- Users can opt for this pin nail for driving fasteners of length up to 2 inches.
- The narrow nose of this tool allows users to get even in tight areas.
- This can be an ideal tool not only for lightweight assemblies but for hardwood floors.
- It can also be used for paneling and furniture.
- There are no negative aspects in this tool but it is slightly more expensive than Hitachi NP35A.
- This durable pin nailer has a pin nail capacity of one hundred and seventy micro pin.
- Other impressive features of this model are its golf trigger, automatic adjustment of fastener lengths and its reload indicator.
- It is ideal for light cabinetry work.
- It is not as versatile as its peer products such as Hitachi NP35A and Grex P650L 23-Gauge.
- This works quite fast and it is capable of fastening nails of length up to 1-3/8”.
- It is ideal for framing of almost all types.
- It is safe to use, thanks to its double trigger feature.
- Experts say that this is less powerful than P650L, albeit slightly.
- This can easily be used for nailing even in tough spaces.
- The adjustable power switch on it can help users save on the battery life.
- Its depth control feature is also good.
- The maximum pin size allowed is slightly less.
The main point you should bear in mind is that you should not do your research with a narrow focus because by doing so, you will miss many of the options that may otherwise be available to you. Among the products that have been reviewed, Hitachi NP35A stands out for its versatility and great features. But it is wrong to choose even this model if you think that it may not serve your purpose. Every model comes with a few unique features of their own. The main difference among them may be related to those pertaining to making adjustments in nail lengths. You should therefore focus on this aspect and choose the best one that serves your purpose.