There is an element of experimentalism in every person. But some people may have more of this and it is they who come out with great innovations, ideas and theories. These innovations, ideas and theories help people lead a better life. One such innovation is the advent of roof nailers. A roof nailer makes the task of those who are involved in construction easier. But these people have to find the best roofing nailer because by a faulty tool may not only not get the right results but may cause more harm than good.
But how can you choose the right roofing nailer? You have to consider a few extremely important features while embarking upon this task. Let us have a look.
- It is imperative that you must consider all the options available because only then, you can determine the options that may fulfill your requirements.
- You must delve deep into the topic and learn about the various styles and sizes of a roof nailer. These details will help you in zeroing in on the tool of the right style and size.
- Know the nailing speeds of the tools you have short-listed. If you are not confident of handling such information, you can take the help of experts. Remember that some roof nailers perform faster than others. Similarly, some tools may be more powerful than others also.
- The next aspect you should consider is weight distribution of the tools. You must ensure to choose a tool the weight distribution of which is good because while handling such a tool, you will that is lighter than its actual weight. In other words, you will find it easy to use it. Experts are capable of holding the tools in their hands and checking this aspect. Tools in which the weight distribution is not good can certainly be difficult to handle.
- You should check the trigger of the roof nailer also. The trigger of the best roof nailer will not cause fatigue to your fingers. This means the trigger on such good tools will not be very small. If you are able to fit two or three fingers over the trigger, chances of the trigger causing fatigue get reduced.
- The best roof nailers come with appropriate mechanisms for allowing you to set whatever depth-of-drive you want. This is amazing feature because all the tools may not require the same pressure.
- If you choose a roof nailer with the anti-dry firing feature, you can be certain you have rightly shot a nail.
- You can also look for a tool with an air hose that has a swivel fitting at its end, you can be certain that the hose will not kink.
Of course, you may not use all these features. The point that is emphasized is that you must choose a roof nailer that comes with the features you are looking for. In fact, as far as you are concerned, such a tool is the best roof nailer.
In other words, features people are looking for may not be the same. That is the reason you are advised to study comparison charts that display the tools vis-a-vis their features. This will make things easy for you in your efforts to choose the right tool.
The main advantage of a best roofing nailer
If you go for a good roof nailer, there is no need for you to make compromises on what you need. Now that the right solution that has been eluding you all these years is available in the form of roof nailers, you need not tweak your requirements to suit what is available. Remember that the debris of use of a wrong tool will stay with you for a long, long time.
Let us look at the top roofing nailers.
1. BOSTITCH RN46-1 3/4-Inch to 1-3/4-Inch Coil Roofing Nailer
- This tool functions highly efficiently.
- It comes with a lockout mechanism that can prevent you from firing with an empty magazine.
- Other features are the adjustable depth control and shingle guide and the single-action side-loading canister.
- The carbide tips of the tool bestow a long-life span to it.
- This is an ideal tool for roofs, insulation boards, etc.
- It can be used quickly and easily.
- Users may not find any cons in this tool.
2. Hitachi NV45AB2 7/8-Inch to 1-3/4-Inch Coil Roofing Nailer
- This is a powerful tool.
- The pressure offered by the tool is between 70 and 120 psi.
- Jam clearing is easy in this roof nailer.
- users can alternate between sequential actuation and contact.
- Depth adjustment is easy because it is a tool-less task.
- The all-weather design of the tool makes it a tough one.
- There are no note-worthy cons.
3. Senco Roof Pro 455XP Nailer With Sequential Actuation Trigger 3D0101N
- Users can adjust the depth of their drive easily and they do not need any tools for it.
- It comes with a 360 adjustable exhaust.
- The nail canister is also adjustable.
- There is a tendency for the nails to bend after using for driving about 20 nails.
- Not a perfect model.
4. MAX CN445R2 SuperRoofer Roofing Nailer
- This is a lightweight tool but comes with powerful features.
- It comes with a self-cleaning nose.
- Depth control is adjustable.
- The tool comes with a rapid-fire trigger. It has a trigger lock-out also.
- It is heavier than many other models.
5. WEN 61782 7/8-Inch to 1-3/4-Inch Coil Roofing Nailer with Magnesium Housing
- This is also a powerful nailer.
- It comes at an affordable price.
- The quick-release feature of the tool may impress users.
- The tool is ideal for asphalt shingling, fiber-cement roofing, siding, and many other lower-end jobs.
- For making adjustments, there is no need for any tools.
- There are no major cons in this tool.
Among these tools, you can go for any of the first three. This does not mean that the other two cannot be used. As pointed out earlier, users may not use all the features described in this post. So, it is better you choose the best roof nailer that comes with those features you are looking for. You will do well if you opt for a durable tool because you can use it for many years with undiminished enthusiasm.