A heavy duty staple gun should be in every person’s toolbox. They are essential to many major construction projects or house improvement work, but they’re only worth your time if they’re in good quality. If you’re looking into buying one on Amazon, don’t settle for any gun lower than a 4-star rating with plenty of reviews. After you see the qualities that are highly valued in the best heavy duty staple guns, look through the top-rated heavy duty staple guns on Amazon.
The Most Important Qualities in a Heavy Duty Staple Gun
1. Make sure you find the right type of heavy duty staple gun
Before you look at the different types of brands of staple guns and their price tags, you want to make sure you’re looking for the right kind of heavy duty staple gun for your project. There are Three different types of staple guns that function for different purposes:
- Manual Staple Guns: For light stapling work. For example, making sure Christmas lights stay in place. They also work for upholstery and other around the house projects. These are often the cheapest type.
- Electric Staple Guns: Can be used like a manual staple gun, but has some extra power behind it so it can take on tougher jobs. They are best for any project requiring repetitive stapling, like carpeting work. It doesn’t need as much strength to be efficient.
- Pneumatic Staple Guns: These are the ideal heavy duty staple guns. They are the best for construction and house improvement project because they’re air-powered. So, if you’re looking for the best heavy duty staple guns, look out for the pneumatic ones or manual that are equipped for heavy duty.
2. Dependable and High-Quality Brands
Now that you know what you want, look for the manufacturers that have the best reputation for creating high-quality construction tools. Their experience should proceed them through great reviews.
You’ll also want to make sure the staple gun you want to purchase comes with a warranty in case of any mishaps. The brands that keep the customer in mind are the ones you want to look for, like Brad or Arrow Fastener.
3. The Size of Your Staple Gun
The best way to decide what size you need your staple gun to depend on the project and what kinds of staples you need.
The best heavy duty staple guns are the ones that can be used in a variety of projects, especially if they can handle several types of staples. You should know the ideal measurement of a staple is the height of its tines and the width of its crown.
The two main types of staples you’ll find are the flat crown staples and the round crown staples. Heavy duty work can use either type and the height of the tines is often longer than 6mm.
4. When You’re Shopping Online
Here are several things to keep in mind while looking for a heavy duty staple gun online:
- Look for a warranty and through the warranty carefully
- Read the fine print of the description of the staple gun
- Make sure the price is within your budget, shipping included
- Evaluate how positive the feedback of the seller is Lastly, make sure you have protective gear and eye wear before you start using any staple gun.
5 Highly-Rated Heavy Duty Staple Guns To Look Into
Now that you have a general idea of what to keep an eye out when you’re looking for the best heavy duty staple guns, here are some of the top five on Amazon.
With an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars, this staple gun combines heavy duty prowess while being lightweight and very compact. It’s even certified frustration free.
- Only 3lbs
- Can use 6 types of T50 staples
- Simple loading process with bottom loading magazine
- Comes with two hex wrenches and replacement oil
- Smooth execution and comfortable handling
- May fire more than one staple if not properly handled
- Air compression of 120 psi may decrease stapling quality
The Surebonder works incredibly well for upholstery work and around the house work and uses narrow crown T50 staples. It’s been rated by many markets as one of the best heavy duty staple guns for upholstery in 2017.
- Has a quick release for a 100 staple magazine
- Well-balanced design that works for different hand types
- Works efficiently for air compression between 60-100 psi
- Lightweight (3 lbs)
- Highly-recommended tool for long-term project
- Prone to jamming and malfunctioning if air compression isn’t right
- Prone to jamming if stapler isn’t oiled well
- Air compressor not included
Instead of steel, it’s assembled with polymer so its light weight can be carried around for multiple uses. It uses T50 flat wire staples and comes with a belt hook.
- Composed with high-quality polymer for light weight (3.7 lbs.)
- Can fire 140 of 5 different types of T50 staples
- Highly favored by ambidextrous users
- Praised for great spring
- May pinch hands if not used properly
This gains a spot on the best heavy duty staple guns list because it is one of the highest rated staple guns for under $10. It’s simple, it’s classic, and it gets the job done.
- Ideally for upholstery or flooring work
- Adjustable tension setting
- Works well for those with weaker hands
- Prone to pinching
Stanley has a great reputation for delivering good products to add to your toolbox, so it’s expected for them to earn a spot on the best heavy duty staple guns list. There are many great qualities about this heavy duty staple gun:
- Completely made of steel
- Uses CT100 and Arrow T-25 staples
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Curved driver reduces damages
- 1.5 lbs
- Takes time to find correct positioning
- May crimp materials, like cable wires
The Clear Winner
The Surebonder 9600 Pneumatic Heavy Duty Staple Gun from FPC Corporation takes the award for the best heavy duty table gun. It’s versatile, inexpensive, comes with a warranty, has been highly praised by Amazon users consistently in 2016, and has many great pros that greatly outweigh the cons. Its great endurance makes it a valuable tool to last a very long while.