A staple gun is an all-around tool that homeowners rely on to complete their home renovation and repair projects. It is a handy equipment that you can use for various tasks and applications around the household. Whether it’s for arts and crafts, reupholstering sofa, installing carpet or repairing cabinets, a staple gun can fix light to heavy duty jobs.
Different tasks require different types of tools. We’ve sum up a list of the best electric staple gun reviews to help you choose what kind of staple gun will work best for you. Choosing a staple gun requires you to evaluate the type of staple gun and where you plan to use it in order for it to work effectively.
How an Electric Gun Works
There are three basic categories of staple guns and these include: manual, electric, and pneumatic. All three share the same primary function which is to drive the metal staples and fasten it into a different material. Most people consider this as an essential tool when working with different projects that require building or repairing materials.
A lot of professional industries rely on a staple gun to finish their job. Most homeowners also depend on a staple gun to complete their DIY home projects.
Here is a quick look on how an electric gun works as well as its pros and cons:
Electric Staple Gun – This type of tool runs on either battery or electricity. Electric staple guns are designed with triggers that require you to apply light pressure in order for it to operate. Some models feature both staples and nails for fastening.
This tool drives multiple staples per minute but you still need to squeeze the trigger to drive each staple. Most models are equipped with safety mechanism on the trigger. This prevents the user from accidentally shooting staples and avoid injury.
Electric staple guns also come in several styles. Compared to manual staple guns, electric guns are more expensive. However, it is still sold within a reasonable price.
- Easy to use and operate
- Safety mechanism to prevent misfires
- Uses staples or tacks
- Suitable for bigger tasks
- Requires a power source
- More expensive than manual staple guns
- More costly since it requires batteries or electricity
- Can be dangerous and unsafe when used improperly
How to Choose the Best Electric Staple Gun
Before buying a staple gun, you need to identify certain features that will work to your advantage. Here are some considerations you need to determine in order to find the right staple gun for you.
- Portability – Some electric staple guns are portable. In this case, look for a product that offers a strong, powerful, and long battery life. Look for fast-charging staple guns so that you can use it immediately without experiencing any downtime.
- Cost – When shopping for an electric staple gun, most buyers highly consider the cost. Usually, electric staple guns are more expensive than manual staple guns. If your task requires you to use an electric gun, then you need to be prepared to spend for it. However, there are many electric staple guns that are sold at a reasonable price. There are a lot of brands and models to choose from that can fit your budget.
- Use – This is a major factor when buying an electric staple gun. Determining where you intend to use it will help you figure out clearly what kind of electric staple gun will work for you. If you are working on a project that requires you to move around often, then a battery powered electric staple gun may be more suitable for you.
- Durability – It is always advisable to pick a product that comes from a reputable brand to assure you of its quality. Check the casing of the staple gun and make sure that the construction is built and welded properly together. Inspect all parts to make sure that there is no loose or missing parts.
- Ease of use – Before buying, ask for a test demonstration so you can determine if it is easy to use. Check how it feels on your hand and if it fits comfortably. This is an important factor to consider because you will be using this tool for long periods of time.
You wouldn’t want to end up buying a tool that you can hardly operate and use. It is better to test it out for yourself.
How to use an electric staple gun
A staple gun can be used for different reasons and purposes. No matter how or where you intend to use it, the most important thing is you know how to pick the right tool for a specific task. It all depends on what type of job you need to fix.
The job requirement can determine if you should use a manual, electric or pneumatic staple gun. Generally, electric-powered staple guns are most powerful. Electric staple guns are designed with a cord or cordless system.
More importantly, it is crucial that you learn how to operate it properly and use the right type of staples. Otherwise, you’ll waste your time with jamming issues and other potential problems.
Here are some examples how to use an electric staple gun:
• Upholstery – Staple guns are mostly used for upholstery repairs. It works by attaching the staple through the fabric and latching it to the frame of the furniture. You can tighten the fabric to flatten and smoothen the material over the furniture.
This prevents creases from forming on the surface. For this kind of project, you are required to use a high-powered staple gun especially since you need to securely fasten the staples into different kinds of materials including fabric, leather, foam or wood. Some high-powered staple guns have multi-function capabilities including driving nails.
• Carpet – Another function of a staple gun is popularly used in DIY home improvement projects including installation of carpets. You can mount a carpet anywhere you like whether it’s on the floor or on the wall. Make sure the staple gun you use is capable of driving the carpet into the surface.
• Decoration – If you plan to decorate your house, a staple gun will come in handy. It can perform various basic tasks such as replacing a window, screen, or a door frame. You can use it to install canvas on posts.
It is an ideal tool for beautifying your home. Plus, you can do it yourself without the help of professional interior decorators.
• Carpentry – Staple guns are widely used in carpentry jobs conducted around your household. Most of the time, carpentry requires working with wood materials such as panels and boards. Some staple guns can only penetrate light to moderate wood.
However, if you are working on a hardwood, then you need to use a heavy duty staple gun. A staple gun is a must-have tool when you are operating your DIY home renovation and repair project.
• Construction – If you’re building a specific foundation such as a bird house or any similar project, you need a high-powered staple gun to do the job. Home construction projects may range from minor to major jobs. The recommended type of staple gun you need will depend on the scope of work you require.
• Generic fastening – The main function of a staple gun is to attach one end of a material to another piece. Hence, you can use it on different tasks and purposes. You can use it to fasten or repair various furniture around your home.
However, if you are working on a more complicated repair and are using hard materials, you may need to use more complex and high-powered tools to fix the job.
The Best electric Staple Gun Reviews
There are different types of electric staple guns that are built and designed with various features and functions. Each brand has their own unique feature. Here’s a round-up of the best electric staple gun reviews available in the market today.
Quick Comparison Chart
|Best electric Staple Gun Reviews||Pros||Cons|
|Makita XTS01Z 18V LXT Crown Stapler||Equipped with a spring loaded driving |
mechanism which provides a more
|Some staples are not compatible |
with the device
|2 X Stanley TRE550 Electric Staple/Brad Nail Gun||Lightweight, durable, and easy to manage||Longer staples tend to be difficult to drive in even with maximum force|
|Roberts Model 10-600, 120-Volt, 15-Amp, Professional Electric Stapler with Carrying Case||Powerful tool especially when you’re using it in difficult tasks||Staples are hard to find|
|Arrow Fastener T50AC Professional Electric Staple Gun and Nailer||Equipped with a spiral-drive technology for a consistent powerful driving force||Lacks depth adjustment and the staples doesn’t seem to drive well into the material|
|Air Locker U630E Electric 22 Gauge 3/8 Inch Crown Upholstery Stapler 18 Gauge Brad Nailer||Easy to use and lightweight||Staples are quite difficult to find making it inconvenient|
We strongly agree that out of the best staple gun reviews, the Roberts Professional Electric Stapler with Carrying Case is packed with more features and hits the mark in terms of functionality, capability, and ease of use. This electric staple gun is easy to use. It is a powerful tool that can puncture the target securely.
You can use it to accomplish various household projects. The trigger is designed for easy maneuver so you won’t have to worry about muscle strains from handling. It works well, functions properly, and does a great job of securing the fasteners.
Compared to the other recommended staple guns, the Roberts Professional Electric Stapler is the most functional of all. Before buying a gun, make sure you clearly understand what it’s for and why a particular brand, model, and type will work best for your needs. Identifying the uses and which type of staple gun works best for that particular task will help you pick the most suitable staple gun for you.
On a last note, make sure that you are following the safety procedures when using a staple gun. It doesn’t matter whether you are using a manual, electric or pneumatic staple gun, your safety will always be the first and utmost priority. Make sure you wear a protective gear and avoid aiming or operating your staple gun at other people.
Thank you for reading!