There are countless tools one could have for a DIY or home repair project but perhaps the most common one is a staple gun. If you’re the type of person who likes to do things themselves, then it’s a crime if you lack a staple gun. So what are you waiting for? Go out and buy one. Wait, hold on first. This is not an easy task. You’re not going to the grocery store for milk and bread. There are all sorts of staple guns out there, both good and bad. Hence, you need to look at the best manual staple gun reviews on the internet. Luckily for you, that’s exactly what we’re about to do.
Choosing the Best Manual Staple Gun
Before diving into the 5 best manual staple gun reviews, let’s see what you should look for in a manual staple gun. Staple guns come in all shapes and sizes but they are not all equal. For example, the way your hand conforms to the tool might make for an uncomfortable experience. In addition, does the tool have a hand grip to prevent slipping? What about staple size and ease of use? Of course, we can’t forget about durability either. All these factors are essential to your decision. The best manual staple gun reviews will cover them all.
The Benefits of a Manual Staple Gun
Compared to their electric counterparts, manual staple guns are manual. Big surprise right? However, manually isn’t so bad. As a matter of fact, it might even be better. While manual staples guns require more arm power, they lack a power cord. This means you can take them anywhere you want. Also, they come in a wide array of styles, can load staples more easily and are much more affordable than their powered rivals
The Downside of a Manual Staple Gun
We can’t discuss the best manual staple gun reviews without talking about the cons. Every product has them and they shouldn’t be ignored. When choosing which product is right for you, it helps to go over all aspects and that includes the good and the bad. For a manual staple gun, one of the more obvious cons is how it hurts your arms after a while. We are not robots and we have limited strength. We need this strength to pull the lever and eventually, that gets tiring. Another more important con of manual staple guns is the jamming issue. Yes, it will happen and yes, it might get annoying.
The Best Uses for a Manual Staple Gun
Now that we went over the pros and cons, its time to see what a manual staple gun is used for. The thing is, you can get extremely creative with a manual staple gun. However, don’t expect to build a house with it. There are some limits. So, if you are looking to do the following, a manual staple gun is perfect for:
- Art Projects
- DIY projects
- Tacking carpet
- Hanging up holiday lights
- Various upholstery projects
- Joining two objects together
What Not to Do With a Manual Staple Gun
While there aren’t really any prerequisites to using a manual-staple gun, it certainly has its limits. For example, do not use this tool for the following:
- Large scale commercial projects
- House remodeling
- Building a fence
- Major home repairs
- Large scale carpet installation
Hopefully, you get the point. Now, it’s time to move on to the top 5 best manual staple gun reviews to help you in making this important decision. The following list is a comprehensive look at five of the best out there.
This staple gun kit by Stanley is perfect for those everyday stapling activities around the house. It’s lightweight, affordable and convenient for the casual user. Wit ha 4.6 rating on Amazon, it seems the consumers agree.
- Convenient handle-lock for safe storage
- Quick-jam clear mechanisms to save time
- Chrome-plated steel-construction for durability
- Arrow JT-21 light duty staples
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- It’s weak for fabric projects and wood
- Hard to handle
- Pinches the hand sometimes
For those looking for a little upgrade from the last Stanley product, the Sharpshoot Heavy- Duty Staple Gun is a great choice. This affordable, 4.5 rated device is great for hard and soft materials.
- Hi/low power lever for various projects
- Heavy duty aircraft aluminum housing for durability
- Anti-jam mechanism
- High power and deep penetration
- Easy slide full stick staple load
- Limited Lifetime warranty
- Functionality decreases after a few months
- Some staples misfire, jam or bend
With a patented easy -queeze mechanism, this 4.6 rated device is tough, lightweight and efficient.
- Patented easy-squeeze mechanism
- Steel-handle with over molded rubber grip for comfort
- Lightweight diecast aluminum design.
- Convenient bottom-loading for quick and easy work
- Durable sliding surface for staples
- 0nly accepts Bostitch staples
- More expensive than other brands
This iconic 4.5 rated fastener is America’s best-selling staple gun. Users love it for its jam resistant technology, staple viewing window, and powerful coil spring. Tying it all together is its renowned ruggedness.
- All steel construction
- Uses T50 Staples
- Durable chrome finish
- Visual refill window
- The Arrow brand is decreasing in quality according to consumers
- Product still jams
- Uncomfortable to use
This funky device is a straightforward action stapler that uses the users pushing momentum to deliver an easy staple. For the holiday lovers out there, this is the ideal product for parties, decorations, and special events.
- Use with 1/4 inch, 5/16inch, and 3/8 inch JT21 Staples
- Easy shot decorating stapler with 400 staples and staple remover
- Forward action staple puller is easy to use>
- Not for professional projects
- Does not work if the stapler is vertical
We have a lot of great candidates in these best manual staple gun reviews but unfortunately, we must choose one. As a result, we are pinning the crown on the aptly named Heavy-Duty Powercrown Tacker by Bostitch. This is by far the most versatile, durable and professional manual staple gun one can buy. While it only accepts a certain brand of staples, the minor inconvenience is worth it for something that works as described.